Hollywood

AP21102443863511.jpg

Met Gala set to return in September in the first of a two-part event – Deadline

The Met Gala, the annual celebrity and fashionista show in New York City, will return live and in person this year to launch a two-part exhibition on American fashion, one of which will include the participation of yet to be named directors in the staging of the exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Each […]

Continue Reading
TSDAMGL_EC020.jpg

Vice Studios ‘American Gladiators’ Document Pack 30 for 30 for ESPN – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: A documentary on American gladiators, widely regarded as one of the first series of reality contests, is defined as the last 30 for 30 of ESPN. Deadline understands that the untitled documentary, which explores the history of the series, which ran from 1989 to 1996 and was then rebooted by NBC in 2008, is […]

Continue Reading
Love-It-Was-Not.jpg

Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Holocaust Film ‘Love It Was Not’ – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Greenwich Entertainment acquired North American distribution rights for well-received Holocaust documentary I love it was not, who will be playing Hot Docs this month. The film by Israeli filmmaker Maya Sarfaty traces the true and poignant love story between a prisoner and a Nazi. Beautiful and full of life, Helena Citron, is taken to […]

Continue Reading
Hugh-Laurie-Peter-Laurence-e1602005245170.jpg

Hugh Laurie, Why Didn’t They Ask Evans About Agatha Christie ?, BritBox – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Here is a big problem: lodge and The night manager Star Hugh Laurie has signed up to write, direct and produce an adaptation of Agatha Christie’s novel Why didn’t they ask Evans? for BritBox in North America. The three-part limited series features the BBC studios and the largest US streamer’s commission owned by ITV […]

Continue Reading
Joseph-Siravo-e1618224790572.jpg

‘The Sopranos’ ‘Jersey Boys’ actor was 64 – Deadline

Joseph Siravo, best known for his roles as Tony Soprano’s father in The Sopranos, Fred Goldman in American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson and musical Jersey boys, has died at the age of 64, according to his family. Siravo died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. The BBC quoted her daughter Allegra […]

Continue Reading
shtisel-season-three.jpg

Fremantle Takes Full Control of Shtisel Producer Abot Hameiri – Deadline

Fremantle has taken full control of Israeli producer Abot Hameiri, which makes local versions of To have talent and Survivor, as well as the Netflix drama series Shtisel. Fremantle acquired 51% of Tel Aviv-based Abot Hameiri in 2016 and now takes ownership of the remaining 49% of the company, which was founded in 2006 by […]

Continue Reading
homepage_v-d06-00771-r.JPG

Pure Human: Neil Burger on Travelers | Interviews

Well, I had been advertising, you know, shooting commercials initially, but my training before that was as a painter. And so I really had this sense of what I’m doing as being my own personal expression. But like you said, I’ve always worked on different things, and some of them go up to the top […]

Continue Reading
AP21079579419864-e1617879965444.jpg

10 TV Sales Chief On The State Of Play Amid Coronavirus – Deadline

As the virtual MipTV gets underway today, we asked 10 television sales chiefs five simple questions about the state of the market after a pandemic-ravaged year. MipTV was one of the first major television events to pivot online during the coronavirus crisis’ first wave in 2020 and, since then, the distribution business has followed suit […]

Continue Reading
City-Of-Spies.jpg

AMC sets date for ‘Spy City’ with Dominic Cooper – Deadline

Leonine confirms the American date for Spy city Leonine has confirmed that Odeon Fiction and Miramax’s premium spy thriller series Spy city has been sold to AMC Networks and will launch on AMC + in the US on April 15, 2021. British writer William Boyd’s six-part series was produced by Leonine Studios’ production banner Odeon […]

Continue Reading
Screen-Shot-2021-04-11-at-10.41.59-PM-e1618206554560.png

John Oliver Asks Biden To Take On Immigration Reform, Discovers Nursing Home Old West – Deadline

John Oliver kicked off tonight’s episode by recalling that Prince Philip, the male heir to the British throne who died last week, is married to his cousin. “That’s right. Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth are cousins ​​who got married later – also known as meet-cute Giuliani,” Oliver joked. The host continued to sow dust on […]

Continue Reading